The more you know....

I have been optimistic yet skeptical about how to use many of these tools in/for the classroom, especially Twitter & Instagram. While I can find myself being able to integrate many of these, the major 'social' media ones seemed to make me very nervous when it comes to teenagers. Every time I get excited, a negative thought and implication comes creeping in. However, just the other day I was messing around on Instagram and came across some accounts for some of my friends who teach at other schools. They were not their personal IG accounts but their 'teacher' accounts. I spent some time looking through their teacher accounts, and some were club or coach accounts, and looked at how they were handling them and what it was they were posting. 
The ability to do this gave me more comfort and some ideas. I had no idea any of my friends were using these platforms for their classes. I think I will reach out to more teachers and coaches and see if they are using the platforms and see just how they are using them if they are. I really want to try to use one of these platforms next school year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Talking?? Could you DO it?

Working from home SUCKS!

Web 2.0...What is it?